Picture Day is Coming
Picture day is Thursday, October 2.
Lifetouch order forms were sent home in Thursday folders but you can also order portraits now at www.mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID LS214725Q0 and following the online instructions.
You may also send payment in the picture envelope provided.
If you are purchasing pictures, the must be paid for on Picture Day.
Conference Sign Ups
Discovery Elementary parent - teacher conference sign-ups are now online.
To pick a time slot please click the link below and follow the simple instructions.
If you do not have internet access, please contact the office at 253-530-1200.
Kindergarten Parent Orientation
On Thursday, August 28th from 6:30 to 7:30 PM, kindergarten parents and guardians are invited to attend our Kindergarten Parent Orientation. Our teachers will share information about our kindergarten program: curriculum, schedules, daily routines, bus and pickup procedures, and teacher objectives for this year. Due to numbers, we are not able to provide childcare. We hope you are able to attend this very informative meeting.
Meet the Teacher!
On Wednesday, August 27 between 4:00 and 5:00 PM, families may stop by and visit their students classroom and meet the teacher! Students may also bring in and drop off their class supplies. Our Volunteer Parent Organization will have Emergency Packs on sale for $5.00.
We will be posting class assignments on the front entrance door on the morning of August 27.
Kindergarten Registration Kick Off!!
The Peninsula School District’s 2014-2015 Kindergarten Registration Kick-Off will be underway at all neighborhood elementary schools on Saturday, March 8 from 9 A.M .to 12:00 P.M.
Do you or someone you know have a child who will be eligible to enter kindergarten next fall? Please plan to join us for our registration kick-off. For those unable to attend at this time, registration will continue throughout the school year. Contact the office at 530-1200 or stop by from 9:30-3:00.
We will continue with our 4-day, all-day kindergarten program.
- Prospective students must be 5 before August 31.
- Please provide birth certificate, immunizations, and proof of residency (utility bill), at the time of registration.
- You can visit the PSD website, parent portal and fill out and print registration forms to bring with you.
- Parents residing within the Peninsula School District desiring to transfer to a different elementary school shall first register their kindergartener at their neighborhood school.
- An in-district transfer request must be submitted for consideration by April 30, 2014. In-district transfers are granted on a space available basis applicants are notified of the decision by June 30.
We look forward to meeting you and getting to know your child!